The purpose of this qualification is to provide the underpinning knowledge required to support you in a team leading role.
This qualification is ideal if you’re interested in team leading and want to gain the knowledge to support your progression in this area. This qualification will support your progression to further vocational learning across a variety of sectors.
Learners must be aged over 19 and have lived in the EU for the past three years.
There are no specific prior learning requirements to take this qualification, however you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the underpinning knowledge of team leading. You’ll understand key leadership roles, how to motivate a team and monitor and support the team’s progress against agreed objectives. You’ll understand health, safety and security, how to procure resources and manage information. You’ll understand the benefits of working with colleagues and customer service. You’ll focus on the importance of supporting equality and diversity in the team leaders role and can enhance your communication skills through leading meetings and delivering presentations.
- Unit 01 Preparing to lead the team (3 credits)
- Unit 02 Support development of self and team members (4 credits)
- Unit 03 Communication and the Team Leader (4 credits)
- Unit 04 Equality, diversity and the team leader (2 credits)
- Unit 05 Motivating the team (3 credits)
Successful completion of this qualification will provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding that will support your progression to vocational learning at the next level. Depending on your interests and requirements potential progression qualifications could include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
Workbooks, on-line or paper based.