- To enter patient details and coded test information into the laboratory computer system in an accurate and expeditious manner.
- To be familiar with the laboratory computer systems, including confident use of the test/client libraries, TDL intranet and referral database during data entry.
- To be aware of invoicing/billing rules that applies to certain clients and source codes.
- General scanning, filling and archiving of request forms and other hard copy data.
- To be familiar with the telephone system (e.g. placing calls on hold/transferring calls) in order to receive incoming calls to the department and deal with them appropriately, through a broad knowledge of the company’s operations.
- To maintain your own knowledge and skills to perform the job as detailed in this job description. Including actively updating your training record and reading the SOPs provided.
- To maintain a level of service and professionalism as expected, by the company, of the jobholder. Ensuring that all procedures are documented and updated as required.
- To handle queries relating to data entry in a timely and professional manner.
- To report any errors or delays with electronic requests due to non-linking.
GCSE A-C in Maths, English and IT
There is no course for this apprenticeship